Digressions from 27 months of Peace Corps in the Borderland.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Welcome!!

Dearest Friends and Family,

Welcome to my blogspot!! I'm so excited to FINALLY get this thing going. Between packing and shopping and scheduling and balancing my time between a currently disjointed family and friends and a lovely boyfriend, and fretting about all of the above, starting this blog was just another stressor to add to the extensive TO-DO list that I needed to accomplish before I left. Regardless and with enough pressure from my friends, somehow I found the time to sit down and make my first entry in between deciding which books to pack- which if you know me well enough, will understand that this is an immensely difficult undertaking for me. As an English Lit. and History major, I crave and devour books in the same way that Bruce Bogtrotter craves and devours the first slice of Mrs. Trunchbull's epic chocolate cake. So if you're curious... with painful deliberation I think that I've narrowed it down for the first three months to Tolstoy, Intimacy with the Almighty, A tale of Two Cities, and On the Road. Good idea? other suggestions? (which is a good time to say that if you want to send me something while I'm gone, a book is the greatest idea- and you can never go wrong with anything modern, transnational, or classic or any personal favorites, but really I read everything even the "bad" stuff because as I remember, Benjamin Franklin advised the generations to read widely and be self-educated and it clearly helped him ) But I digress.

Although I've been told that I have quality writing skills, bear with me while I navigate through the blogosphere for my first time. I hope that this blog serves you and me well as a place for me to spew some of my experiences and for you to be entertained, to enjoy, console and feel closer to me while I volunteer in Ukraine for the next 27 months. More about that....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Whitney~ Way to go! follow your dream, be and become all that you can. I admire you : ) Blessings and love....
    Melanie Perl (Falk)

    ReplyDelete