Digressions from 27 months of Peace Corps in the Borderland.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Foot in the Grave, Shovel in Hand

"–Despite the fact that I’m only 22, I feel that by the time I get back from Ukraine I’ll be extraordinarily old. I mean, I’ll be 24…that’s like having a foot in the grave and a shovel in your hand. Or, I won’t be different at all. Or, I’ll be something in between. I’m tired, get off my lawn.

That is all" - The Collins'

ditto, dittoo. I'll be an old maid, while at least y'all are already married.

I run because I need the exercise and because it's supposed to be relaxing. Alas, there's nothing relaxing about running past a smoldering heap of trash or people who stop to gawk or yell out helpful commentary like, "You are exercise!"... I love my life. and today is friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment